This is the essential guide for any fitness professional working with pregnant clients. Exercise in water classes are extremely popular with pregnant women, but there are obvious health and safety considerations.
The authors take you through the underpinning knowledge, and outline the many benefits of water based exercise for pregnant clients.
- how to motivate and support clients
- practical skills to teach a successful and useful pool session
- putting together an effective session
- the safety considerations when working with pregnant women in a pool environment - learn about screening, contraindications and pool safety
- working safely with clients with additional health concerns such as obesity/overweight or diabetes