Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll the intricate canals of Amsterdam, revel in Utrecht’s nightlife or stand amid acres of flowering colour in South Holland; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of The Netherlands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands:
• Colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
• Over 53 maps
• Covers Amsterdam, Haarlem, North Holland, Utrecht, Rotterdam, South Holland, Friesland, Central
• Netherlands, Maastricht and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s The Netherlands, our most comprehensive guide to The Netherlands, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Amsterdam, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Amsterdam city guide for a comprehensive look at all the capital has to offer.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017