The Permanent Weight Loss Plan
A 10-Step Approach to Ending Yo-Yo Dieting
We lost 170 pounds and kept it off! It’s not a diet, but you will lose weight with this proven path to developing better eating habits and building a healthy relationship with food.
Diets come and go, and the scale needle swings as you drop pounds and then gain them back. But what if there were a weight loss solution for forever? Not another fad diet based on deprivation and restriction, but a holistic system for shedding pounds and maintaining your weight?
In The Permanent Weight Loss Plan, Janice Asher, MD, and Fulbright Open Research Fellow, Jae Rivera, reveal (from their own first-hand experiences) that it’s not just about the food you eat or don’t eat—it’s about a mindset and lifestyle change. After collectively losing 170 pounds and maintaining their weight for years, Janice and Jae share scientific evidence, personal experiences, and practical insights on how you can successfully reframe your relationship with food.
It’s about stopping the shame associated with body size, recognizing instances of disordered eating, equipping yourself with the knowledge of what behaviors contribute to lasting weight loss, and making use of proven strategies. Get actionable tips on how to:
• Overcome barriers like stress, shame, and emotional eating
• Escape the comfort food circle of hell
• Eat food that nourishes your intestinal microbiome and brain
• Replace unhealthy habits with new ones that will treat your body well
• Boost your metabolism by eating during the right times of the day
• Commit to an exercise regime you can enjoy
• Transform your kitchen from danger zone to a safe space
• Survive potential landmines like holidays and parties
• Develop strategies for not gaining back the weight you lose
• Stop the cycle of fat-shaming and treat yourself with kindness
Complete with 26 recipes for cauliflower quinoa puttanesca, “umami bomb” roasted portabella mushrooms, blueberry breakfast smoothie, curried lentil salad, and more, The Permanent Weight Loss Plan encourages readers, with gentle humor and compassion, to embrace a paradigm shift and transform their lives for good.