From Pittsburgh to Philly, Steelers to Eagles, chocolate to Peeps--it's all here. Uncle John has put together this absolutely awesome anthology of Pennsylvania facts, firsts, famous feats, and much more.
Take a ride on the Reading Railroad! (Either pronunciation of “Reading” works here.) Yes, the Keystone State is rich in history, beauty, and the world’s most delicious cheesesteak (Whiz wit!). Follow Uncle John on a whirlwind tour of Pennsylvania from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh and all points in between with fun articles, amazing facts, vital stats, hometown heroes, and quirky quizzes. Read about…
* America’s first zoo
* William Penn and his quest for a land of religious freedom
* The birth of Little League Baseball
* The true story of the Johnstown flood
* Encountering bears and boars in the Pennsylvania wilderness
* How Ben Franklin invented the political cartoon
* The Liberty Bell legends--some of which are actually true
* Rocky’s famous run, and other Pennsylvania movies
* Incredible things that can happen “Only in PA”
And much, much more!