If you're interested in developing or enriching community as part of your living or part of your work, this handbook will be an invaluable guide.
It will help you answer questions like…
- What is 'community', and why does it matter?
- What can we do to strengthen community in different settings?
- What is the connection between personal wellbeing and community wellbeing, and how do we maximise both?
- How do we develop healthier relationships between people?
- How can our governance (from organisational to national) work in partnership with community?
- How do we maximise our own capacity to be a leader in community settings?
The previous edition of 'Weaving Tapestries' has been used by a generation of community development students and practitioners. This edition adds more comprehensive guidance in relation to these questions, and ensures that the guidance remains relevant in our changed and changing world.