Everything you wanted to know about the origin and meaning of all those crazy superstitions, customs and traditions associated with courtship and marriage.
When will I be married? Traditional sayings predicting weddings
Marry me, please. The Proposal
3. The Engagement
4. Hey, maybe we should elope?
5. Four cows and a pig. The Dowry
6. Bridal shower
7. Buck’s and hen’s night out. Pre-wedding parties
9. Glory Box
10. The Wedding Register
11. When to Marry
12. The Invitation
12a. The Big Day - Wedding Day (this being a book on traditions we couldn’t have 13)
13. The Ritual Bath
14. The Wedding Dress
15. The Veil
16. Something old, new, borrowed , blue
17. Beware and behold - good and bad luck.
18. You want me to sign WHAT! The pre-nuptial agreement
19. Bridesmaids, Grooms and Attendants
20. Always the Bridesmaid, Never the Bride
21. position, Position, Position - who sits where?
22. Church, Temple or Backyard Ceremony?
23. Wedding rings
24. Who gives this woman to be wed?
25. Breaking the glass
26. Waltz on down the aisle
27. Flowers for my true love
28. The secret language of flowers
29. The Bridal Party
30. The Wedding Cake
32. Oh no, telegrams and emails.
33. All in the name of love - Wedding Music
34. The Bridal Waltz and Wedding Kiss
35. No rice or confetti, please!
36. Tossing the Bridal Bouquet and Garter
37. Just Married!
38. The Honeymoon
39. Carrying the bride over the threshold
40. Wedding anniversaries