Fantasy fans, curl up and stay a while!
At last, cozy fantasy has a magazine all its own. Wyngraf #1 offers nine snug stories in the tradition of Redwall and The Hobbit. Go there and back again with lush settings, caring characters, and dragons of all sizes.
* “The Perils of Living with Your Human” by Nathan Slemp. Carath wants to smooth things over between his rider and her sister, but can a dragon understand human families?
* “The Road to Fjallmark” by Natasha Inwood. When a terrible blizzard hits the mountains, Scholar Neea and her apprentice Pim put their lives in strange hands.
* “What We Buried” by J.A. Prentice. How can Ash save his father's dwarven friends when he can't even cast a basic spell?
* “Your Own Beeswax” by Dan Crawford. Everyone wants the Vanagh's treasure except Polijn the minstrel, but things aren't what they seem in the Sacred Grove.
* “Weaving Serenity” by Amanda Cook. The queen needs Calmers, but Eloise of Leafside is retired. Of course, her teenage daughter isn't...
* “Vigil” by Nathaniel Webb. For Cadet Messenger Faining Mores, taking a job at the end of the world requires leaving home and friendship behind—but refusing means abandoning the career she loves.
* “Dragonsmith” by Angelica Fiori. Garrett the blacksmith wants to revive his family's traditions. But smithing isn't so simple when there's magic involved!
* “A Petrified Heart” by Katherine Quevedo. When wood fairy Raya accidentally offends the cruel queen of the seashore, she begins a quest that will change her and her people forever.
* “Epilogue” by Rajiv Moté. Historian Sajun hasn't seen the sorceress Tankrit since the War for the Light ended twenty years ago. Do bonds forged in battle last, or is the magic gone?