How to Write a Thriller
- CHF 10.00
- CHF 10.00
Beschreibung des Verlags
Are you feeling frustrated with your writing?
Get HOW TO WRITE A THRILLER, and you will:
- Learn to write a page-turning thriller just like the pros do.
- Save yourself YEARS of trial and error.
- Write with confidence, because you know exactly what you’re doing.
When you buy HOW TO WRITE A THRILLER, here's what you're going to get:
- a process for structuring and writing a thriller, that I have used again and again to consistently write page turners, and which has guided the creation of some of the bestselling novels of the past 50 years;
- a step-by-step breakdown of how this process works (with a slew of examples), and how to make it work for you;
- a shortcut used widely within the publishing and film industries, and which you can use to quickly and easily brainstorm ideas for saleable novels;
- how to create so much suspense, it forces the reader to keep turning pages late into the night (despite the fact that they have to work in the morning), and how you can accomplish this effect;
- how to hook readers from the very first page, and never lose their attention;
- how to develop realistic characters, and the traits that some of the most popular and enduring characters in history have in common;
About the author:
Patrick Quinlan is the author of more than 30 books and ebooks, written under his own name and (at last count) three pen names.
He has been an Amazon, iTunes, Los Angeles Times, London Times and USA Today bestselling author. Books he has written have sold hundreds of thousands of copies and been translated into at least ten languages.
His novel SMOKED was optioned for film three times. A spy novel he wrote under a pen name, which was given away free as part of a promotion, was the most downloaded ebook in the English language on Christmas Day, 2015.
Patrick is the co-author, with legendary movie star Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner, Ladyhawke, The Hitcher) of Rutger’s autobiography, ALL THOSE MOMENTS.
Patrick will teach you everything he knows.
Praise for Patrick Quinlan's writing:
"Tarantino-esque novel about the past catching up with an ex-criminal turned children’s toymaker, and by extension with his young girlfriend Lola. Lots of villains and violent deaths plus likeable characters and some quirky humour. The first chapter – in which Lola busts her way out of a thoroughly nasty rape scenario with karate-kicking panache – would hook anyone." -- The Bookseller (UK)
"Graphic action and exhilarating chases ensue as Quinlan's characters play cat-and-mouse through Portland,...makes one hope that Smoke hasn't quit the life entirely. Lola is a fierce delight." -- Publishers Weekly
"A fast and furious thriller notable for a vintage collection of really rotten bad guys. Characters to care about, even the no-goods. Readers may be bearing early witness to the arrival of a major talent." -- Kirkus Reviews
"SMOKED should absorb any fan of Bruckheimer blockbusters and everything else that goes boom." -- Entertainment Weekly
"A fast-paced thriller...the story moves at warp speed, capped by a cinematic chase...before ending in spectacular fashion." -- Los Angeles Times