Descripción de editorial
How to Press Ahead (and Should You?) When All Is Wrong
As much as we'd like to avoid suffering in life, all of us will occasionally face earth-shattering hardships. You might be dealing with one now, or perhaps your friend or a loved one is, or maybe you'd just like to prepare yourself for when one inevitably occurs in your life. Self-Discipline in Difficult Times is the right book for you if you want to learn how to press ahead as your world turns upside down.
Some of the topics I discuss in the book include:
- in which situations self-help advice helps and in which you should stay away from it,
- how to avoid making a bad situation worse when you're under too much pressure,
- how to take care of yourself during difficult times without sabotaging your long-term goals,
- how to begin the process of recovery with three fundamental strategies,
- how to prepare yourself for inevitable future crises with an uncomfortable, but effective practice,
- how to help a friend struggling with a crisis.
Mental resilience is our most important tool for surviving a rupture. This book can give you some hope and comfort that you're not alone in whatever you're facing.