- $ 17.900,00
Descripción de editorial
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 4 day, 3 location tour by car, through the beautiful wild untamed scenery of Northumberland taking the reader on a journey through time, visiting magnificent castles, remote Islands including Lindisfarne, fortified towns including Berwick On Tweed and Alnwick, the pretty unspoilt villages of Craster, Ford and Etal, wildlife havens and the battlefield of Flodden. For birdwatchers and wildlife lovers alike, as well as those looking to follow in the footsteps of St Cuthbert and St Aiden Northumberland is a delight.
When I think of Northumberland it stirs memories of peaceful golden sandy beaches, rolling hills, sheer cliffs and untamed rugged moorland with wildlife in abundance. I think of romantic castles, ancient battlefields and fortified towns, every place with its own heritage and tale to tell. Gastronomic delights of fresh fish and seafood await the visitor as does stunning views and an excellent variety of sporting activities. Above all, as found in the North of England, there’s always a friendly welcome from the locals in this county which has more to offer the visitor than you would expect.
This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips used by the author.
In these hard times do you fancy going on a “weekend jaunt” to cheer yourself up, touring around some of the attractions this lovely country of ours has to offer, staying in multiple locations, but thought it too hard to organise?
Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour guide which will give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London? Perhaps one which gives:
* A well planned 4 day multiple location tour in the mysterious county of Northumberland, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
* Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
* Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals and promotions.
* Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself.
* Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
* All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Weekend Jaunt
* Is suitable for all age groups and nationalities (particularly long haul visitors wishing to see as much of Britain as they can in a limited timescale, but not wanting to join a group arranged tour).
* Armchair traveller information and website addresses to enable them to “virtually” undertake the tour and visit attractions on line, if they cannot visit them in person.