- $ 24.900,00
Descripción de editorial
Written by experienced neurophysiologists and neurology trainees ‘EMG - A Guide’ is a compact practical manual for the approach to disorders of the peripheral nervous system.
This handbook is a basic practice guide for performing nerve conduction studies and EMG. It is aimed at neurology trainees and junior consultants as well as neurophysiology scientists.
Packed with professionally designed diagrams and interactive elements to clarify anatomy and important teaching points, the book delivers concise information for the background knowledge needed to approach common and rare disorders. High definition videos with crystal clear sound greatly enhance the learning experience of EMG. The high quality photos used in the step-by-step instructions facilitate the assessments of even those nerves and muscles that are only examined occasionally.
This book delivers (nearly) all the information required to approach disorders of the peripheral nervous system where one needs it most - at the point of care.
What this book is:
• A concise introduction to NCS and EMG.
• An incisive outline of approaches to PNS disorders.
• A focused summary of peripheral nerve anatomy and physiology.
• Contains step-by-step instructions for (nearly) all the NCSs and EMGs you will ever do
What this book is not:
• It is not a replacement for the standard texts in this area.
• It is not a full anatomy atlas.
• It is not the only answer to all your EMG and NCS needs.
The book includes a foreword by the president of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists Prof. Richard Macdonell. All the profits will go to the ANZAN Education and Research Foundation.