- 16,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Do you believe your life would be healthier, happier, and even better if you had more practical strategies to regulate your own emotions?
Most people agree with that.
Or, more importantly: Do you believe you'd be healthier and happier if everyone who you live with had the strategies to regulate their emotions?
The truth is not too many people actually realize what EQ is really all about and what causes its popularity to grow constantly.
Scientific research conducted by many American and European universities proves that "common" intelligence responses account for only less than 20 percent of our life achievements and successes, while the other more than 80 percent depends on emotional intelligence. To put it roughly: Either you are emotionally intelligent or you're doomed to mediocrity at best.
As opposed to the popular image, emotionally intelligent people are not the ones who react impulsively and spontaneously or who act lively and fiery in all types of social environments.
Emotionally intelligent people are open to new experiences; can show feelings adequate to the situation, either good or bad; and find it easy to socialize with other people and establish new contacts. They handle stress well, say no easily, realistically assess the achievements of themselves or others, and are not afraid of constructive criticism and taking calculated risks. They are the people of success. Unfortunately this perfect model of an emotionally intelligent person is extremely rare in our modern times.
Sadly, nowadays the amount of emotional problems in the world is increasing at an alarming rate. We are getting richer but less and less happy. Depression, suicide, relationship breakdowns, loneliness of choice, fear of closeness, addictions - this is the clear evidence we are getting increasingly worse when it comes to dealing with our emotions.