- 4,49 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer a look into key elements and ideas within classic works of literature. The latest generation of titles in this series also features glossaries and visual elements that complement the familiar format.
CliffsNotes on The Grapes of Wrath explores John Steinbeck's Pulitzer Prize-winning—and controversial—novel, a work based on the what the author saw for himself as a reporter covering migrant worker camps.
Following the story of the Joad family as they travel from the Oklahoma Dust Bowl to California in search of farming opportunities and wealth, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each part within the novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
• Personal background on the author, including career highlights
• Introduction to and synopsis of the book
• In-depth character analyses
• Critical essays to take you into the author's personal philosophy
• Review section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topics and practice projects
• Resource Center with books, films, and Web sites that can help round out your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.