- 18,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Whether you want to re-head a djembe or build one from scratch from a raw shell, this book takes you though every step of the process. You will learn everything you need to know, including how to select a shell and prepare it for heading, how to choose rope and lace up the drum, how to match the shell with a suitable skin, and how to fit the skin and bring it up to tension. The book also includes detailed information on the tools you will need, as well as tuning and maintenance advice, so you will get the best possible sound out of your drum.
Besides showing you how to do it, the book also points out common pitfalls and mistakes, so your first drum building experience will be a successful one. The book includes:
• Over two hours of videos that show every step of the process in detail
• Over 120 illustrations and diagrams
• Extensive glossary with explanation of over 90 technical terms
• A rope calculator that takes the guesswork out of estimating how much rope you will need
• Extensive explanations of construction techniques, including topics on wood selection, rope materials, different knotting techniques, skin and shell repairs, essential and optional tools, tuning, and maintenance.
Written by an experienced drum maker, this book is the most complete and detailed tutorial and reference in existence. Re-heading or building your own djembe is fun, easy, satisfying, and saves you money. Get started today and be a drum maker before you know it!