- 97,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
This comprehensive update of the expert reference offers up-to-date practical advice for professionals working in neuropsychology with older adults. Focusing on fundamentals, common issues, special considerations, and late-life cognitive disorders, respected names in this critical specialty address a wide range of presenting problems and assessment, diagnostic, and treatment concerns. Throughout, coverage pays keen attention to detail, bringing real-world nuance to large-scale concepts and breaking down complex processes into digestible steps. And like its predecessor, the new Handbook features recommendations for test batteries and ends each chapter by extracting its “clinical pearls.”
A sampling of the topics covered:
· Assessment of depression and anxiety in older adults.
· The assessment of change: serial assessments in dementia evaluations.
· Elder abuse identification in older adults.
· Clinical assessment of postoperative cognitive decline.
· Cognitive training and rehabilitation in aging and dementia.
· Differentiating mild cognitive impairment and cognitive changes of normal aging.
· Evaluating cognition in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
This Second Edition of the Handbook on the Neuropsychology of Aging and Dementia offers a wealth of expert knowledge and hands-on guidance for neuropsychologists, gerontologists, social workers, and clinicians, whether novices studying for certification or veteran practitioners brushing up on the latest advances in the field.