The Product Manager’s Guidebook
Practical Resources for Achieving Your Top 10 Responsibilities
Beschreibung des Verlags
Most product managers feel a tremendous weight from the number of responsibilities resting on their shoulders. Each month, there are over 60,000 searches from people trying to learn how to be a better product manager. Some better their product management career by leaning on a CPM (Certified Product Manager) certification and other formal training, while others look to mentors and self-study resources. Either way, a person can quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer volume and variety of expectations placed on product management.
Nevertheless, a product manager’s likelihood of success comes down to 10 responsibilities. This list of responsibilities is especially attuned to technical product managers.
Top 10 Product Manager Responsibilities
1. Adopt a common product development process
2. Communicate continuously and transparently
3. Define success and measure performance over time
4. Identify and prioritize product requirements
5. Determine product pricing strategy
6. Establish a marketing plan.
7. Maintain the product lifecycle
8. Encourage continuous testing
9. Lead teams and build trust
10. Stay attuned to industry trends
Continue reading to learn more tips and tricks to perform product managers' top 10 responsibilities.