- 11,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Is there a foolproof way to reduce stress and anxiety while you boost your memory? Raise your IQ even as you slow down the aging process? Become more creative and train your ability to focus at the same time? The answer is simple: Move! Modern neuroscience and research has shown, more than ever, that physical exercise has extraordinary effects on our cognition.
Physical activity, more so than Sudoku or crossword puzzles, optimizes our mental abilities and health in a way unparalleled by any drug, medication, or food supplement. And exercise doesn’t just enhance your health, energy and mood levels, and cognitive abilities. You will also learn:
• Why physical training is the best protection against dementia
• What type of exercise can be used to treat depression as an antidepressant
• How exercise increases the ability to focus in children, especially kids with ADHD
• How children with good fitness can become better in math and reading comprehension
• Why “runner’s high,” the natural chemicals released during jogging, improves your health and mood
With practical and concrete advice for the layman on how to reap these benefits, as well as neuroscientific research from the last five years broken down to accessible findings, The Real Happy Pill urges you to train your body and mind for a whole-body upgrade, and start to move!