- 13,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
The Smiths: The Singles Collection presents 19 of The Smith’s most popular single releases arranged for Guitar TAB, with accompanying standard notation and guitar chord boxes.
The importance of the single in the career of The Smiths cannot be overstated. Morrissey and Marr both regarded the format as hugely significant, with each release sporting a traditional paper sleeve and poignant choice of cover star, from James Dean to Shelagh Delaney. They reflected the band's shared love of the great singles of the 50s and 60s, and many have since become collector's items.
This selection of songs therefore shows The Smiths at their most amusing, absurd, doleful, wry and charming. Marr's arrangements, which struck a chord with guitarists and songwriters the world over, are faithfully transcribed here. They are all here, from the early sparkle of This Charming Man and Hand In Glove to the cutting Panic and longing Boy With The Thorn In His Side.
Often regarded as the last great British singles band, this collection of 19 songs represents the very best of The Smiths; the perfect way to master the unique and intricate guitar playing of Johnny Marr and the songwriting of The Smiths.
- Bigmouth Strikes Again
- The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
- Girlfriend In A Coma
- Hand In Glove
- Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now
- How Soon Is Now?
- I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish
- Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
- Shakespeare’s Sister
- Sheila Take A Bow
- Shoplifters Of The World Unite
- Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before
- That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore
- There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- This Charming Man
- What Difference Does It Make?
- William, It Was Really Nothing