- 23,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Sams Teach Yourself Unix in 24 Hours
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unix in 24 Hours helps you get up and running with Unix and Unix-based operating systems such as Mac OS X and Linux.
Designed for beginners with no previous experience using Unix, this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach makes it easy to learn.
Each lesson clearly explains essential Unix tools and techniques from the ground up, helping you to become productive as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most
common Unix tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Learn how to…
· Pick the command shell that’s best for you
· Organize the Unix file system (and why)
· Manage file and directory ownership and permissions
· Maximize your productivity with power filters and pipes
· Use the vi and emacs editors
· Create your own commands and shell scripts
· Connect to remote systems using SSH and SFTP
· Troubleshoot common problems
· List files and manage disk usage
· Get started with Unix shell programming
· Set up printing in a Unix environment
· Archive and back up files
· Search for information and files
· Use Perl as an alternative Unix programming language
· Set up, tweak, and make use of the GNOME graphical environment
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.