- 0,99 €
Beschreibung des Verlags
Udo Dammer was born on January 8, 1860, in Apolda, Thuringia, Germany. He was a German botanist, who was also interested in entomology. He was a curator at the Botanical Garden in St. Petersburg and then studied botany in Berlin. In 1888 he received his doctorate at the University of Freiburg.
After that, he worked as a curator of the Botanical Garden in Berlin. Beside his botanical career, he also wrote many books in that field, focusing on plants. In the last years of his life, he lived on his estate at Karlsruh Battin. He died on November 15, 1920, in Großrambin near Kołobrzeg, being killed in a traffic accident.
As it can be seen from the title, this book gives an overview of the room leaf plants, the care they need and the information every person dealing with these plants should know.
His writings include:
• Handbook of Plant collectors
• Instructions for plant collectors
• Room leaf plants
• Balcony plants
• Theory of garden work
• Palm trees
• Our flowers and plants in the garden
• Pocket Atlas of edible and harmful fungi
• About the rearing of the caterpillar of the silk moth
• How do we attract the best vegetables?