- 149,00 kr
They’re supposed to be useful tools, but whether they’re printouts, computer files, flowcharts, or forms, documents can often give more headaches than help. And yet without them, most organizations couldn’t function. ISO 9001 and other quality management systems place great emphasis on documents, and for good reason. Documents aren’t individual, stand-alone elements of the management process. They’re interrelated, formatted in different media, and controlled by various and distinct functions. Keeping critical information current and in the right hands requires more than just signing off on procedures. Document control is essential, but where should you begin?
Inside you’ll find clear explanations about the document control process as well as practical solutions for creating, organizing, and maintaining documents, including:
* A discussion of different kinds of documents, including electronic media and QMS requirements
* Identifying and defining responsibility
* Understanding the relationship between documents and records
* Tips for document writers
* Managing and maintaining documents
* Issues of accessibility
* Handling revisions and deviations
* Writing document control procedures
Denise Robitaille is the author of numerous books on various quality topics. She is an internationally recognized speaker who brings years of experience in business and industry to her work in the quality profession. Denise is vice chair of the U.S. TAG to ISO/TC 176, the committee responsible for updating the ISO 9000 family of standards. She is also a RABQSA-certified lead assessor, an ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, and a fellow of ASQ.