- 119,00 kr
Welcome to your watercolor happy place!
The world of Danielle Donaldson is as wondrous as a jar full of fireflies. Her whimsical illustrations are known for their offbeat color combinations, artful arrangements and endearing quirkiness. In this book, you'll learn how to partner with the wonderfully spontaneous medium of watercolor to create your own brand of magic.
Start by creating a handmade journal, then follow exercises and start-to-finish projects to fill it with illustrations that are small in size but big on color. Along the way, Danielle shares her fresh takes on color theory, perspective, composition and more.
Designed to get your brush moving, this book makes practice feel like play. It's a one-of-a-kind journey for any artist wishing to tap into the utter joy of watercolor painting and make it a cherished part of your daily life.
Inside you'll find:
• Imaginative techniques that help you override perfectionist tendencies while making the most of watercolor's unpredictable nature
• An inventive approach (using scraps of paper, ribbon and other ephemera) for more creative color choices
• A simple strategy that makes drawing new subjects less intimidating and more fun
• Sweet ways to add hand lettering to your artwork
• Inspirational exercises that make finding subjects to paint as easy as A-B-C
"Don't underestimate the giddiness you feel when you mindlessly grab a color and mix it with another and create the most beautiful wash ever!" --p43