- 22,00 kr
It is our pleasure to present The Great Quiz Book: 1000 Questions and Answers to Engage all Minds.
We’ve brought together a host of fresh and intriguing questions that will test the limits of your knowledge across a huge range of subjects. The book is divided into 5 parts:
Part 1 presents 400 challenging general knowledge questions, divided into 40 rounds.
Part 2 introduces the “specialist rounds” at three levels of difficulty: medium, challenging and fiendish. Here you’ll find questions on geography, history, sport, science and nature, literature, art and architecture, and movies and TV. There are 200 questions in 20 rounds.
Part 3 brings a lighter touch with 20 “bonus round” quizzes (200 questions in total), where you’ll be asked to spot connections, identify years from a series of clues, recognize famous monuments, and sort out lists of famous people, places and things.
Part 4 contains 20 “family fun” quizzes (200 questions in total) that will be especially enjoyable for younger minds. There are straightforward general knowledge questions, alongside rhyming and alphabet quizzes.
As a special bonus, the complete Elsinore Books Guess the Initial Quiz is included as the 5th part of this book. Here you’ll find 200 guess the initial challenges, also known as “ditloids”.
At Elsinore Books we pride ourselves on creating beautiful e-books, and devote great attention to formatting, and ease of navigation. This book contains a cleanly-styled contents page that permits easy movement between quizzes. Each quiz occupies its own chapter, so you can move between quizzes by pressing a single button on your e-reader.
You can access the answers to each quiz by following the links at the top and bottom of the question page. On the answer pages you’ll find each question rewritten and followed by its answer in bold.
You can view a full listing of the games inside by clicking on the preview of this book and viewing the contents page. Some of the collection highlights are outlined below:
General Knowledge Round 1
1. What colour are the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
2. The Qudrilatero Della Moda is an upscale fashion district in which city?
3. Which land mammal has the largest eyes?
4. How many planets in our solar system have exactly one moon?
5. How many dice “pips” are there in total on the Domino’s Pizza logo?
Movies and TV: Medium
1. Which city does Rocky Balboa come from?
2. Who directed the films Hunger, Shame, and 12 Years a Slave?
3. Who is the protagonist of the TV series Mad Men?
4. Which country produced the TV dramas Borgen, and The Killing?
5. Which city is home to the “Cinecittà” film studio?
Trivial Disputes 1
1. Order the following animals by weight, from Heaviest to Lightest: Blue Whale, Bengal Tiger, Elephant Seal, Manta Ray
2. Order the following constructions by height, from Tallest to Smallest: Great Pyramid at Giza, Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, One World Trade Centre
3. Order the following countries by population, from Most populous to Least populous: India, China, Indonesia, USA, Brazil
4. Order the following languages by number of first-tongue speakers, from Most to Least: Mandarin Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, English
5. Order the following organs by weight, from Heaviest to Lightest: Brain, Heart, Skin, Pancreas, Thyroid
Family Fun Quiz 1
1. What fruit is dried to produce raisins?
2. What kind of weapon was wielded by the Norse God Thor?
3. Which animal appears first in the Oxford English Dictionary?
4. Which fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson tells the story of a young swan?
Family Fun Quiz 20: Rhyme Time
1. Ash, Alder and Aspen are all kinds of what?
2. What object is used by golfers to raise the