- 69,00 kr
LET YOUR VOCABULARY SPEAK FOR ITSELF.
Whether your goal is to get a competitive edge on a specific exam or simply to build your word knowledge, this updated sixth edition of Word Smart gives you the tools you need to transform your vocabulary and start using words with confidence!
WORD SMART, 6th EDITION includes:
• More than 1,400 vocab words that belong in every savvy student's vocabulary
• Lists of common word roots and usage errors
• Key terms you need to know to understand fields such as finance, science, and the arts
• Need-to-know vocab for standardized tests like the SAT and GRE
• Foreign phrases and abbreviations commonly encountered in reading or conversation
The words in this book come from a careful analysis of newspapers (from the New York Times to the Wall Street Journal), magazines (from Time to Scientific American), and books from current bestsellers to classics. We also combed through the SAT and other standardized tests to determine which words are tested most frequently. We sifted out the words that most people know, and focused on words that most people misunderstand or misuse.
You can be confident that with Word Smart, you'll get the help you need to communicate more clearly and effectively, understand what you read, and score higher on standardized tests!