- USD 7.99
Garrett County, MD, is known for its natural beauty, but hidden in the valleys, beneath the ground in coal mines, and in the attics of homes are true stories of crimes, cover-ups, legends, and life in Garrett County.
* Learn about the grave for a general no one can identify.
* Read about how the government dosed unknowing citizens with LSD at Deep Creek Lake.
* Decipher clues to the hidden silver mine in the county.
* Discover the photographic world of Leo J. Beachy.
* Find out where Albert Einstein took a secret vacation.
* And dozens more true stories.
Secrets of Garrett County: Little-Known Stories & Hidden History of Maryland's Westernmost County tells stories of coal mining and railroads, crime and war, interesting people and unusual incidents. These are the types of stories that you won't read about in history textbooks.
Collected from the writings of award-winning author James Rada, Jr., these fascinating stories and dozens of photographs tell some of the hidden history of Garrett County. Midwest Book Review calls Rada "a writer of considerable and defly expressed storytelling talent." He has written extensively about Garrett County and Western Maryland in the Oakland Republican, The Glades Star, Cumberland Times-News, Allegany Magazine, and Maryland Life.