- USD 7.99
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal runs along the north side of the Potomac River from Cumberland, Md., to Georgetown in the District of Columbia. It is a 184.5-mile-long engineering marvel that has 11 aqueducts, 74 lift locks, 160 culverts, 12 river feeder locks and guard locks, and one tunnel through a mountain. Its history spans the 19th century and is filled with mishaps, crimes, secrets, and drama.
· Discover the original destination of the C&O Canal and how far short it stopped.
· Find out how building the canal led to the creation of the U.S. Constitution.
· Learn how the Johnstown flood helped kill the canal.
· Solve the legendary murders on the canal that never actually happened.
· Discover the connection between the C&O Canal and the JFK assassination.
Secrets of the C&O Canal: Little-Known Stories & Hidden History Along the Potomac River tells stories the great rivalry between the B&O Railroad and the canal, the Civil War, and man’s inventiveness.
Small Press Bookwatch calls Rada’s writing, “Original, unique, profusely illustrated throughout, exceptionally well researched, informed, informative, and a bit iconoclastic…” He has written about the canal in his novels Canawlers, Between Rail and River, and Lock Ready. It has also been the subject of dozens of his newspaper and magazine articles.