- USD 9.99
A NEW ERA OF POKER IS DAWNING...
As a poker player, you have a great deal in common with today’s professional athletes: You've dedicated serious time to learning the fundamentals; you practice regularly; you strive to improve by analyzing every move; you use psychology to hone your winning edge—and, if you don't take care of yourself both mentally and physically, you’ll lose your winning edge...
CAN YOU COMPETE WITH THE BEST?
Learning to treat poker like the competitive endeavor it is—and yourself like the sportsperson you are—will give you the best chance at success every time you play. Packed with solid research and feedback from top pros, PEAK PERFORMANCE POKER will show you how to prepare your body and your mind to achieve optimal results during that next big tournament or cash game.
Being in peak physical condition sharpens every aspect of your play, whereas poor diet and neglect of your emotional life undermine your game at every turn. Just ask Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, and the other top pros featured in this book, all of whom understand crucial aspects of PEAK PERFORMANCE POKER, including:
• “Flow”—what it means to top athletes and why it's equally important to you
• Chips on the table, not on your plate—eating right to improve your game
• Taking it easy—how essential rest and recovery really are
• Getting psyched—applying sports psychology to help you win
• Time management—the benefits of balancing poker with the rest of your life
The modern poker table is the domain of smart, fit, healthy competitors; let PEAK PERFORMANCE POKER seat you with the best of them.