- 33,99 €
Descripción de la editorial
Implement solutions by leveraging the power of the GO standard library and reducing dependency on external crates
About This Book
• Develop high quality, fast and portable applications by leveraging the power of Go Standard Library.
• Practical recipes that will help you work with the standard library algorithms to boost your productivity as a Go developer.
• Compose your own algorithms without forfeiting the simplicity and elegance of the Standard Library.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Go developers who would like to explore the power of Golang and learn how to use the Go standard library for various functionalities. The book assumes basic Go programming knowledge.
What You Will Learn
• Access environmental variables
• Execute and work with child processes
• Manipulate strings by performing operations such as search, concatenate, and so on
• Parse and format the output of date/time information
• Operate on complex numbers and effective conversions between different number formats and bases
• Work with standard input and output
• Handle filesystem operations and file permissions
• Create TCP and HTTP servers, and access those servers with a client
• Utilize synchronization primitives
• Test your code
Google's Golang will be the next talk of the town, with amazing features and a powerful library. This book will gear you up for using golang by taking you through recipes that will teach you how to leverage the standard library to implement a particular solution. This will enable Go developers to take advantage of using a rock-solid standard library instead of third-party frameworks.
The book begins by exploring the functionalities available for interaction between the environment and the operating system. We will explore common string operations, date/time manipulations, and numerical problems.
We'll then move on to working with the database, accessing the filesystem, and performing I/O operations. From a networking perspective, we will touch on client and server-side solutions. The basics of concurrency are also covered, before we wrap up with a few tips and tricks.
By the end of the book, you will have a good overview of the features of the Golang standard library and what you can achieve with them. Ultimately, you will be proficient in implementing solutions with powerful standard libraries.
Style and approach
Solution based approach showcasing the power of Go standard library for easy practical implementations.