- 5,49 €
Descripción de la editorial
Perfect for new and experienced users, this no-fluff guide to Google Nexus 7 and 9 tablets is packed with details and tips on apps, services, settings, and documents. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for dictating, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, going online, and using Google Now.
New and updated features covered include adaptive brightness, always-on "OK Google" detection, app-specific notification blocking, Battery Saver, battery-life prediction, Bluetooth Low Energy, Chromecast screen mirroring, device sharing, double-tap to wake, flashlight, guest users, lock-screen notifications, material design, non-Gmail email accounts, the Overview screen, priority interruptions (do-not-disturb mode), Quick Settings, screen pinning, Settings search, Smart Lock, Tap & Go, vibration, and the redesigned versions of Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, and Settings.
- Covers Android 5 Lollipop.
- Covers all Nexus 7 and Nexus 9 tablets, as well as other pure Android devices, including Nexus 10 and Google Play Edition tablets.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.
- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, settings, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Squeeze out every minute of battery life.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Stop some or all notifications indefinitely or for a fixed duration.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage all your email with the Gmail app.
- Make free phone calls or chat with friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Contacts, Calendar, Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play or cast music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Photos.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
About the Author
Chris Kennedy is a technical writer based in Boulder, Colorado. When he's not typing, Chris climbs rocks, revises his screenplays, and reads the journals of polar explorers.