- 5,49 €
Descripción de la editorial
Perfect for new and longtime Mac users, this no-fluff guide to macOS Sierra is packed with details on system preferences, the desktop, Finder, applications, and utilities. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for printing, scanning, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, and going online. A Windows glossary makes switching to Mac (mostly) painless, and keyboard mavens will find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts.
New features covered include Siri, Universal Clipboard, Auto Unlock with Apple Watch, Apple Pay, iCloud Desktop and Documents, Optimized Storage, Picture in Picture, tabbed documents, and updates to Messages, Photos, Notes, Contacts, Notification Center, System Preferences, and Finder.
• See live previews of documents, pictures, and folders.
• Ask Siri to answer questions, make recommendations, and complete common tasks.
• Use Mission Control to juggle all your open windows, desktops, and displays.
• Dock programs, documents, and folders for one-click access.
• Tag your files to make them easy to sort and find.
• Use Finder tabs to declutter your desktop.
• See all your notifications in one place.
• Spread your work over multiple displays.
• Enhance and customize macOS with extensions.
• Use iCloud to store and access the latest versions of your files and settings online.
• Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases freely with your family.
• Organize, view, edit, sync, and share your photos.
• Sync your files, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your Mac, Windows PC, and iOS devices.
• Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, programs, online sources, and more.
• Dictate anywhere that you can type.
• Play games on Game Center, Apple's online multiplayer social gaming network.
• Post to Facebook and Twitter right from the app you're using.
• Mirror your Mac's screen to your HDTV wirelessly via AirPlay, or use your HDTV as a full-fledged display, complete with dock and menu bar.
• Share files and printers on your home network.
• Move seamlessly between your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, or use them together.
• Connect to wireless networks with a couple of clicks.
• Set up and manage printers, scanners, and other devices.
• Download and install macOS, apps, and updates from the Mac App Store.
• Secure your data from thieves and snoops.
• Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
• Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. macOS Basics
2. The Desktop
3. System Preferences
4. Files, Folders & Drives
5. Programs & Documents
6. Printing, Faxing & Fonts
7. Networks & Sharing
8. Internet Connections
9. Security & Privacy
10. Maintenance & Backups
11. Switching from Windows
12. Keyboard Shortcuts
About the Author
Chris Kennedy is a technical writer based in Boulder, Colorado. When he's not typing, Chris climbs rocks, revises his screenplays, and reads the journals of polar explorers. He's been writing about macOS since Snow Leopard.