- 4,49 €
TED Talks are an amazing teaching resource but also present challenges: With thousands of talks available, how can I choose the best ones? Can I use TED Talks with low-level students? What language should I focus on? What if I don't completely understand the talk myself? And the list goes on.
How to Teach with TED Talks is full of practical solutions and also includes worksheets and lesson plans. After reading How to Teach with TED Talks, you'll have the confidence to:
• Choose videos that are ideal for language teaching
• Use all sorts of images – including TED Talks – to engage learners and bring loads of language into the classroom
• Think differently about listening and try some fresh ways of using audio material
• Guide your learners in developing effective speaking and communication skills using TED Talks as input and inspiration
• Choose videos that are the right length
• Make the best use of scripts and subtitles
• Deal with the technical and high-level language in TED Talks without worrying that you yourself haven't completely mastered the concepts in a talk
• Teach with TED Talks online.
I hope you and your students love working with TED Talks as much as I have!
– Lewis Lansford, author, How to Teach with TED Talks