- 9,99 €
Description de l’éditeur
Better understand modern China with this entertaining journey to the heart of its 5,000-year history. Ideal for business persons who want to raise their China game, students who seek to make deeper cultural connections, and travelers in search of valuable insights into Chinese culture.
History Flashback co-authors Stewart Lee Beck and Sun Zhumin have collaborated in China for over 20 years to produce innovative content for diverse audiences. In this fast-read book of only 183 pages, storytellers Stewart and Zhumin captured the essence of five millenniums of Chinese history: the revolutionary ideas of its most celebrated philosophers, the bold visions of its dauntless leaders, and the pivotal events which shaped the modern nation. Their passion is to share these stories with you and perhaps discover along the way that we’re not that different after all.
The China Simplified book series explores and demystifies the country and its people for the rest of the world. By shifting our collective attention beyond the 1% (hot-button issues in the mass media) to the other 99% (relevant conversations about history, language, business, and more), the China Simplified team hopes to raise cultural awareness and increase mutual understanding.
PRAISE FOR HISTORY FLASHBACK
"You'll enjoy yourself so much you might not realize how much you're learning."
— Rana Mitter, Professor of the History and Politics of Modern China, University of Oxford
"This is the history book for people that didn't know they love history!”
— Yue-Sai Kan, Chinese American television host and producer
"A delightful romp through 5,000 years of Chinese history."
— Andrew Browne, China columnist, The Wall Street Journal
"A clean, clear line to the main developments in China's history... entertaining and enlightening.”
— James Fallows, The Atlantic
"Those who want to understand China can now do it with ease."
— Jesse Wu, International Vice President, Johnson & Johnson
"Makes five millenniums of Chinese civilization accessible to readers of all levels.”
— James B. Heimowitz, President, China Institute
"Stewart and Zhumin both entertain and inform as storytellers."
— Brantley Turner, American Principal, Shanghai Qibao Dwight High School
"An exciting tour through a long, varied and fascinating history."
— James Uden, Associate Professor of Classical Studies, Boston University
"Both informative and fun; a masterstroke!"
— Bruno Lannes, Partner at a well-known consulting company in China