Description de l’éditeur
The two most popular books on the Junos OS are now combined, revised, and updated into one book!
It’s day one and you have a job to do, so start using the Junos CLI. It’s fast, it’s easy, and you’re just a few hours away from modifying, saving, and loading configuration files onto your device.
The Junos OS command-line interface (CLI) includes dozens of shortcuts to get things done in your network. You’ll spend much less time pounding away on your keyboard once you master these commands, and soon, with just a little effort, you’ll learn why so many people say that the Junos OS saves time (often lots of it), reduces repetitive tasks, and helps to avoid costly mistakes.
Day One: Exploring the Junos CLI, Second Edition is for beginning users of devices running the Junos OS, or as a refresher course when it’s time to scale Juniper technology. It not only lays the foundation for learning the Junos OS, but also facilitates understanding of the more advanced Junos OS books that populate the Day One library.
This Second Edition combines two previous best-selling Day One books into an updated and revised tutorial that will get you started and then help you get things done.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
• Navigate the CLI’s operational mode and configuration mode.
• Understand the hierarchies that underlie each mode.
• Get onboard help and use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your work.
• Show device status, alarms, and other helpful information in the Junos OS operational mode.
• Modify, save, and load configuration files with minimal risk to operations.
• Use basic configuration mode commands such as show, set, and delete.
• Capitalize on the safety features of the Junos OS commit model.
• Prepare system changes in advance.
• Use the shortcuts and tips of experienced users and avoid common problems.
About the Author
Walter Goralski has been involved in networking and the Internet for many years. He has been an instructor, course developer, college professor, technical writer, and author of bestselling technical books and specializes in making new and complex technologies easy for everyone to understand. He has worked for Juniper Networks since 2000 and is now a member of Juniper's iLX Solutions Group.
NOTE This book was originally published as two books, Day One: Exploring the Junos CLI and Day One: Configuring Junos Basics. It has been updated, revised, and technically reviewed to match the current Junos OS operations.