• £9.99

Publisher Description

The incredible new novel from international bestseller John Grisham.

'A master of plotting and pacing' - New York Times

'With every new book I appreciate John Grisham a little more, for his compassion for the underdog, and his willingness to strike out in new directions' - Entertainment Weekly

ONE MAN. ONE HOPE. ONCE CHANCE TO BECOME A LEGEND.

ONE MAN
Seventeen-year-old Samuel Sooleyman comes from a village in South Sudan, a war-torn country where one third of the population is a refugee. His great love is basketball: his prodigious leap and lightning speed make him an exceptional player. And it may also bring him his big chance: he has been noticed by a coach taking a youth team to the United States.

ONE HOPE
If he gets through the tournament, Samuel's life will change beyond recognition. But it's the longest of long shots. His talent is raw and uncoached. There are hundreds of better-known players ahead of him. And he must leave his family behind, at least at the beginning.

ONE CHANCE
As American success beckons, devastating news reaches Samuel from home. Caught between his dream and the nightmare unfolding thousands of miles away, 'Sooley', as he's nicknamed by his classmates, must make hard choices about his future. This quiet, dedicated boy must do what no other player has achieved in the history of his chosen game: become a legend in twelve short months.

Global bestseller John Grisham takes you to a different kind of court in this gripping and incredibly moving novel that showcases his storytelling powers in an entirely new light.

'Grisham's books are smart, imaginative, and funny, populated by complex interesting people' - The Washington Post

'A superb, instinctive storyteller' - The Times

350+ million copies, 45 languages, 9 blockbuster films:
NO ONE WRITES DRAMA LIKE JOHN GRISHAM

(P) 2021 Penguin Audio

GENRE
Crime & Thrillers
NARRATOR
DG
Dion Graham
LENGTH
10:27
hr min
RELEASED
2021
27 April
PUBLISHER
Hodder & Stoughton
LANGUAGE
EN
English
SIZE
468.2
MB

Customer Reviews

Stephelou ,

How to play basket ball

It you love basketball and want to hear a commentator talk you through a game or two you will love this book. I have no interest in basketball and quite frankly it bored me silly! 80% of it is about basketball and the other 20% the back story of Sooley and his family. I am actually giving up at chapter 46 as I actually don't care what happens but can probably guess.

This is not the John Grisham I have grown to enjoy over the years and there was no indication from the details that this would take the form of a narrative on how to play basket ball. Sure well written and presented - just boring!

Listeners Also Bought

2020
2021
2019
2020
2019
2017