In society, the nature of death and humanity's awareness of its own mortality has for millennia been a concern of the world's religious traditions and of philosophical inquiry. Literature has also been a tool for speaking and reflecting on the great mystery of life.
Join us in these seven short stories specially selected by the critic August Nemo:
- The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin
- A Dead Woman's Secret by Guy De Maupassant
- The Sisters by James Joyce
- The Boarded Window by Ambrose Bierce
- The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy
- Odour of Chrysanthemums by D. H. Lawrence
- Laura by Saki
For more books with interesting themes, be sure to check the other books in this collection!