• Designed for people with no computer programming background
• Teaches computer programming concepts using the MATLAB environment
• Learn-by-doing tutorial approach
• Extrapolates the MATLAB language to other popular programming languages
This book accomplishes two things simultaneously: it teaches you to use the latest version of the powerful MATLAB programming environment, and it teaches you core, transferable programming skills that will make you feel at home with most procedural programming languages.
MATLAB has been in existence for more than 30 years and is used by millions of engineers, scientists, and students worldwide, both for its depth and its easy usability. With dozens of specialized toolboxes available beyond the core program, as well as its companion program Simulink for simulation and model-based design, MATLAB can serve as an invaluable aid throughout your career.
Once you've completed An Engineer's Introduction to Programming with MATLAB 2019, you will have a solid foundation in computer programming forms and concepts and a comfort with the MATLAB environment and programming language. We believe that you'll enjoy both gaining and having that knowledge, and that you'll be able to use it almost immediately with your other coursework.
This book includes
• Step-by-step tutorials written to help the novice user become proficient using MATLAB
• A Getting Started chapter for configuring MATLAB for use with the tutorials
• Organization and a level suitable for a first year introductory engineering course
• Updates for the MATLAB 2019a release.
• Tips offering suggestions and warnings as you progress through the book
• Key Terms and Key Commands listed to recap important topics and commands learned in each tutorial
• An index to help you easily look up topics
• Exercises at the end of each tutorial providing challenges to a range of abilities.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to MATLAB
2. Programming Basics: Operators & Variables
3. Programming Basics: Arrays, Structures & Tables
4. Programming Basics: Looping and Conditionals
6. Functions and Scripts
7. Debugging and Error Handling
8. Importing and Exporting Data
9. Plotting and Data Visualization
10. MATLAB ToolBoxes: Curve Fitting
11. Symbolic Math