Travel with Insider Tips to historic Berlin – Germany’s largest city and capital. Once there, you will see a progressive blend of the new and old as this fabulous city shares its historical past and exciting future – in addition to one third of the city being comprised of beautiful forests, gardens and parks.
This guide will make getting around easy as you travel and explore using the best map and insider tips for Berlin and discover all this amazing city has to offer - including Charlottenburg and the surrounding region.
Including lots of inside local knowledge for all the top attractions, museums and restaurants like Museumsinsel, Pergamon Museum and the Brandenburg Gate.
Arrive and hit the ground running!
- Top Highlights at a glance include Unter Den Linden, Reichstag, Berghain and Kadewe
- 15 Marco Polo Insider Tips with detailed background information including where to sample the best wine list, taking the fastest lift in Europe and where vinyl fans can get hold of classis records!
- Over 300 web links lead you directly to the Insider Tip websites
- Offline maps of Berlin with street index including the famous boulevard of Kurfürstendamm
- Google Map links aid speedy route planning
- Public transport maps with links to timetables
- 'The Perfect Day' and 'The Perfect Route' is the best way to get to know a destination intimately for those with limited time. Includes practical tips on how to beat queues, get the best view and much more in this amazing cultural and cosmopolitan hotspot.
- The chapter 'Links, Blogs, Apps & More' provides easy access to even more information, videos and networks
Have fun from the moment you arrive in Berlin and make the most of those precious days off. Enjoy a hassle free trip, full of new experiences and adventures ranging from total relaxation to extreme activities. Having fun is what it’s all about.
Experience the sights and discover exceptional Berlin hotels, restaurants, trendy places, festivals, concerts, sports and activities.
Create your own personal Berlin itinerary by bookmarking the text and adding your own notes and browse the eBook in seconds with the handy full-text search facility!
Customer ReviewsSee All
Berlin without paper
Very useful for preparing sights which you think will appeal. Lots of detail, lots of info about cheap accommodation and restaurants from expensive down. I have found several things to do on Mondays, the day most attractions close.
My only criticism is that the maps don't resize - or I can't make it happen, which means they are all illegible.
Good value, the hardware book probably better for access to the maps.
Post visit post script.
Don't worry about the crap maps, hotels have freebies for tourists. Also don't worry about which currywurst is best. They all taste the same.
Beware Unter den Linden, it is a building site with the U-bahn extension.
If you like music, don't miss the Musical Instrument Museum in the Kulturforum. Cheap, and ask beforehand about a guided tour.
Shopping is seriously entertained in the Ku'damm and Friedrichstrasse.