The Juniper Ambassadors reveal their best tips learned over the past year so you can bring a new level of intelligence to your network.
The Juniper Ambassador program recognizes and supports its top community members and the generous contributions they make through sharing their knowledge, passion, and expertise on J-Net, Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. The Juniper Ambassadors are a diverse set of network engineers, consultants, and architects who work in the field with Juniper technologies on a daily basis.
This second cookbook from the Ambassadors contains eighteen use-case solutions, complete with configurations. From interop tips in mixed-vendor networks, to optimizing network routing, switching, and security performance, you’ll find this cookbook useful in the lab as well as in full-production networks.
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
• Configure a Q-in-Q tunnel on the EX Series
• Use Junos configuration groups to automate network schedules and updates
• Deploy firewall policies on multiple devices with Juniper Space Security Director
• Update your QFX Series version of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) from RSTP (802.1w) to MSTP (802.1s)
• Create independent Micro BFD sessions for LAG
• Interop the SRX Series to a variety of vendor devices
• Configure a SRX Series integrated firewall
• …and eleven more recipes from the Juniper Ambassador playlist, from MX Series port mirroring to SRX conditional route advertising.