Based on a full-colour rucksack-friendly printed guidebook, this fixed-format ebook respects the original page layouts, while also enabling instant cross-references, searchable text and (if the user is online) web links. Pinch-and-zoom allows the user to expand maps, graphics and panels with small type.
The Great Glen Way runs for 77.5 miles (125 km) along Scotland's historic Great Glen between Fort William and Inverness. It follows the Caledonian Canal and passes several lochs, including Loch Ness, famous for its monster legend and Urquhart Castle.
The 5th edition of our popular guidebook has been fully revised after extensive fieldwork. It has been extended to include detailed description of the new High Route (launched August 2014), as well as addressing the needs of cyclists.
This guidebook contains all you need to plan and cycle or walk the Great Glen Way:
- detailed route description showing distance, terrain, food/drink stops and altitude profile for each section
- town plans of Fort William and Inverness
- hill and mountain climbs including Ben Nevis
- background on canal heritage, clan history and wildlife
- planning information for walkers and cyclists
- map of the Great Glen Way in five panels (1:100,000)
- in full colour, with 90 photographs, many of them new.