• Uses step-by-step tutorials to introduce users to SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2018
• Incorporates theoretical aspects of Finite Element Analysis
• Covers all the most important Finite Element Analysis techniques and concepts
The primary goal of Introduction to Finite Element Analysis Using SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2018 is to introduce the aspects of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) that are important to engineers and designers. Theoretical aspects of FEA are also introduced as they are needed to help better understand the operation.
The primary emphasis of the text is placed on the practical concepts and procedures needed to use SOLIDWORKS Simulation in performing Linear Static Stress Analysis and basic Modal Analysis. This text covers SOLIDWORKS Simulation and the lessons proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic truss elements to generating three-dimensional solid elements from solid models. This text takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important FEA techniques and concepts.
This textbook contains a series of fourteen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning FEA users to SOLIDWORKS Simulation. The basic premise of this book is that the more designs you create using SOLIDWORKS Simulation, the better you learn the software. With this in mind, each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons.
Table of Contents
1. The Direct Stiffness Method
2. Truss Elements in Two-Dimensional Spaces
3. 2D Trusses in MS Excel and Truss Solver
4. Truss Elements in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
5. SOLIDWORKS Simulation Two-Dimensional Truss Analysis
6. Three-Dimensional Truss Analysis
7. Basic Beam Analysis
8. Beam Analysis Tools
9. Statically Indeterminate Structures
10. Two-Dimensional Surface Analysis
11. Three-Dimensional Solid Elements
12. 3D Thin Shell Analysis
13. FEA Static Contact Analysis
14. Dynamic Modal Analysis