The iPad is a great tool, but it's easy to trip over its irritating traits as you become a more-skilled iUser. Author Chris Kennedy has scoured online resources, documentation, and support forums for tips and tricks that eliminate annoyances and save time. This book presents hundreds of nontrivial fixes, to-the-point tips, and clever workarounds in one concise and clearly organized reference. You'll find practical hints for everything from the onscreen keyboard to network connections to Siri, including documented (but little-known) tips as well as previously undocumented ones. Dip into iPad Power Tips for a quick tip from time to time, or read it cover to cover.
• Nothing but tips, tricks, and workarounds.
• Covers all iPads and is fully updated for iOS 6.1.
• Full-color illustrations and step-by-step instructions.
• Plenty of linked cross-references -- you're always a tap away from related topics or refresher info.
• Covers iOS 6's major new features, including Siri, Maps, Privacy, Shared Photo Streams, Do Not Disturb, Facebook integration, Clock, and enhancements to Safari and Mail.
• Links to in-depth articles on the web.
1. Hardware & iOS
2. The Home Screen
4. Screen Tweaks
5. Volume & Sounds
6. Power Management
7. Security & Privacy
12. Wireless Connections
19. Twitter & Facebook
28. Game Center
29. Music & Videos
30. Camera & Photos
About the Author
Chris Kennedy is a technical writer based in Boulder, Colorado. When he's not typing, Chris climbs rocks, revises his screenplays, and reads the journals of polar explorers.