D3.js in Action, Second Edition is completely revised and updated for D3 v4 and ES6. It's a practical tutorial for creating interactive graphics and data-driven applications using D3.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
D3.js in Action, Second Edition is a completely updated revision of Manning's bestselling guide to data visualization with D3. You'll explore dozens of real-world examples, including force and network diagrams, workflow illustrations, geospatial constructions, and more. Along the way, you'll pick up best practices for building interactive graphics, animations, and live data representations. You'll also step through a fully interactive application created with D3 and React.
• Updated for D3 v4 and ES6
• Reusable layouts and components
• Geospatial data visualizations
• Mixed-mode rendering
About the Reader
About the Author
Elijah Meeks is a senior data visualization engineer at Netflix.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - D3.JS FUNDAMENTALS
• An introduction to D3.js
• Information visualization data flow
• Data-driven design and interaction
• Chart components
PART 2 - COMPLEX DATA VISUALIZATION
• Hierarchical visualization
• Network visualization
• Geospatial information visualization
PART 3 - ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
• Interactive applications with React and D3
• Writing layouts and components
• Mixed mode rendering