'The master storyteller of our times takes us on a funny, poignant, and ultimately triumphant journey' HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON
'The whole story of his truly astonishing life' BOB WOODWARD
'The book was damn near addictive. I loved it' RON HOWARD
'Anyone who has ever started a James Patterson thriller knows how damned difficult it is to put down. And the same is true of this vivid, invigorating memoir' DAILY MAIL
'What an insightful and invigorating read. So much content and inspiration from one of the world's most successful authors' SIR DAVID JASON
'I love the pithy, bright anecdotes, and at times his poignant narrative will bring you to tears' PATRICIA CORNWELL
'A compelling account of the life events that shaped an extraordinary man' NICHOLAS SPARKS
'This is a poignant, funny and inspiring account of a phenomenally successful career from a master storyteller' JAKE HUMPHREY
HIS BEST STORIES ARE THE STORIES OF HIS LIFE
· His father grew up in a New York poorhouse called the 'Pogie'.
· He worked at a psychiatric hospital where he met the singer James Taylor and the poet Robert Lowell. Both were patients.
· He was at Woodstock and was also an usher at the Fillmore East.
· He was CEO of advertising agency J. Walter Thompson North America when he was thirty-seven. He wrote the ad jingle, 'I'm a Toys 'R' Us Kid'.
· He once watched Norman Mailer and James Baldwin square off to fight.
· He's played golf with three US presidents and has nine holes-in-one.
· Dolly Parton sang Happy Birthday to him over the phone. She calls him Jimmy James.
James says, 'I always wanted to write the kind of novel that is read and re-read so many times the binding breaks, and the book literally falls apart, pages scattered in the wind. I'm still working on that one.'
'A masterpiece of storytelling! Funny, poignant, brutally honest' ADMIRAL WILLIAM H. McRAVEN
'Will delight fans, and even non-fans, of America's storied storyteller' BEN BRADLEE JR.
'James Patterson's first rule of storytelling is "be there". And that's the genius of his autobiography' MIKE LUPICA
'Some people are just born to tell stories. James Patterson makes his own life as addictively enjoyable as his novels' NADINE DORRIES
'Jim Patterson's life is a thriller itself . . . This book is a pure joy to read' STEPHEN A. SCHWARZMAN
'Always entertaining . . . You will enjoy the read' PHIL KNIGHT