- Expected 19 Nov 2019
Mindfulness can be one of the most potent antidotes to suffering.
There is no better example of moment-to-moment awareness than when you are in pain. Mindfulness for Surviving Life’s Challenges is a book of mindfulness exercises to help you feel less alone, to make you laugh, and to remind you that although you may not be able to leave your pain behind you, you can give yourself empowering tools to move forward.
This book offers fifty meditations divided into two sections: one to see you through the period of deep physical or emotional pain and the other for when you are ready to move forward with your new normal. Included are meditations for:
• When You Can’t Do the Things You Used to Do
• When You Feel Isolated
• When You Don’t Recognize Yourself Anymore
• When You Can Imagine Getting Better
• When Smiling Becomes the Norm Rather Than the Exception
• When You Remember Who You Are (And Who You Were)
Courtney Sunday writes from the lens of her own pain journey as a mindfulness expert and truth teller to show us that even if pain is present in the body, we can still find a way to free our minds.