**Finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards and honourable mention at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards**
Odysseus is the third book in the Early Myths collection, a series of children's picture books on Greek myth. Each book covers a character from mythology and brings the tale to life through illustrations and story-telling, with inspiration from ancient art and literature. The books are aimed at 4 to 10 year olds, are beautifully designed and easy to read.
Our picture book of Odysseus tells one of the greatest stories from Greek mythology. Our hero sails away to take part in a great Trojan War, but his success at the battle is followed by a wandering return as he comes across monsters, nymphs, gods and heroes. Learn about his adventures and his wish to rejoin his beloved family.
For teachers and parents, we have a notes section at the back, describing how our illustrations have been inspired by ancient Greek vase-painting, sculptures, and early literature. The kids don’t need to know this aspect to enjoy the tale, but the grown-ups can learn about how we have taken time and care to construct our book, using the early historical sources, rather than simply repeat a generic version of the myth.
Awards for our Early Myths collection:
- Perseus: bronze medal winner at the Moonbeam Children's Book Awards 2014
- Odysseus: honourable mention at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards 2015
- Odysseus: finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards 2015
- Atalanta: silver medal at the Moonbeam Children's Book Awards 2016
- Atalanta: honourable mention at Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2016
- Atalanta: finalist at the Readers' Favorite Awards 2016
- Herakles: 1st prize for illustrations and 6+ picture book at the Dragonfly Books Awards 2017
- Herakles: gold award at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards 2017
- Herakles: silver medalist in the Wishing Shelf Children’s Books Awards 2017
- Theseus: best illustrations at Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2018
- Theseus: honourable Mention in Picture Books (5 and younger category) at the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2018
good versions of an old tale
very useful as previous books aimed at kids were picthed at a higher age range. this is the first iPad intractive book which aims at primary kids which i would recommend.
Ideal for younger kids
This is a lovely retelling of the classic myth of Odysseus. It is expertly written for younger kids and is ideal for introducing them to a tale that will fascinate them for the rest of their life. The story is vividly supported by wonderful illustrations that help to captivate early learners.
Lots of adventure
Bit similar to Jason story in the series, but still a good read. Again a tale which parents might be familiar with as I learnt this when younger. The images shine through here- beautifully drawn and the colours are bright and entertaining. It is a tricky story to cram into the number of pages here but the authors keeps it right and my son was able to follow the steps.
As with the Jason book, the audio and read-along was helpful to my youngster.