PLANT POWER is your one-stop guide to effectively growing and using thirty great medicinal herbs. Offering first-hand knowledge and years of herbal experience, author Laurel Dewey (aka “The Humorous Herbalist”) leads readers on a step-by-step journey that takes you from your own backyard and into the wild green yonder. Learn when to plant seeds, what time of year is best for harvesting, which parts of the plant are the most medicinally potent, and how to preserve herbs for later use. Discover timesaving secrets on ways to avoid common herb garden mistakes and how to get the most out of your medicinal bounty. As an added bonus, you will learn which herbs can be sliced, diced, and pounded into “wild food” recipes that contain vitamins, minerals, and energy-sustaining protein.
Everything you need to become “herbally” self-sufficient is here:
• Why would you want to purposely sting yourself with a stinging nettle?
• What can alfalfa and red clover do to improve poor garden soil?
• When does usnea, a common tree fungus, turn into an incredible anti-viral agent?
• Would you believe that pine sap could prevent infections in a wound?
• How can “weeds” such as burdock, chickweed, and yellow dock keep you healthy and full of energy?
The answers to these and other herbal questions are at your fingertips. So, grab a shovel, get some seeds, and start that medicinal garden.