Pocket Vancouver Travel Guide
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Pocket Vancouver is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll around dramatic Stanley Park, peruse deli treats at Granville Island Public Market, and walk high among the trees in Capilano Suspension Bridge Park – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vancouver and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Pocket Vancouver:
• Full-color maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Over 21 color neighborhood maps
• User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
• Covers Downtown, West End, Gastown, Chinatown, Yaletown, Granville Island, Fairview, South Granville, Kitsilano, University of British Columbia, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Pocket Vancouver is our colorful, easy to use and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, and is packed with the best sights and experiences for a short trip or weekend away.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences, and extensively covers all of Vancouvers’s neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet’s Vancouver guide.
Want more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest for an in-depth guide to the region.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Built-in dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller’s hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)