Explore Raspberry Pi's architecture through innovative and fun projects
About This Book
• Explore Raspberry Pi 2's hardware through the Assembly, C/C++, and Python programming languages
• Experiment with connecting electronics up to your Raspberry Pi 2 and interacting with them through software
• Learn about the Raspberry Pi 2 architecture and Raspbian operating system through innovative projects
Who This Book Is For
Raspberry Pi Computer Architecture Essentials is for those who are new and those who are familiar with the Raspberry Pi. Each topic builds upon earlier ones to provide you with a guide to Raspberry Pi's architecture. From the novice to the expert, there is something for everyone. A basic knowledge of programming and Linux would be helpful but is not required.
What You Will Learn
• Set up your Raspberry Pi 2 and learn about its hardware
• Write basic programs in Assembly Language to learn about the ARM architecture
• Use C and C++ to interact with electronic components
• Find out about the Python language and how to use it to build web applications
• Interact with third-party microcontrollers
• Experiment with graphics and audio programming
• Expand Raspberry Pi 2's storage mechanism by using external devices
• Discover Raspberry Pi 2's GPIO pins and how to interact with them
With the release of the Raspberry Pi 2, a new series of the popular compact computer is available for you to build cheap, exciting projects and learn about programming.
In this book, we explore Raspberry Pi 2's hardware through a number of projects in a variety of programming languages. We will start by exploring the various hardware components in detail, which will provide a base for the programming projects and guide you through setting up the tools for Assembler, C/C++, and Python. We will then learn how to write multi-threaded applications and Raspberry Pi 2's multi-core processor. Moving on, you'll get hands on by expanding the storage options of the Raspberry Pi beyond the SD card and interacting with the graphics hardware. Furthermore, you will be introduced to the basics of sound programming while expanding upon your knowledge of Python to build a web server. Finally, you will learn to interact with the third-party microcontrollers.
From writing your first Assembly Language application to programming graphics, this title guides you through the essentials.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach to exploring Raspberry Pi's architecture through projects that build upon each other. Each project provides you with new information on how to interact with an aspect of the Raspberry Pi and Raspbian operating system, providing a well-rounded guide.