This book is a solar energy technical manual - a road-map for solar energy professionals and amateurs. It is also written for the use of engineers & consultants , polytechnic , graduate & post-graduate engineering students, and industry technicians.
The reader is introduced to the theoretical concepts of solar cells and also the practical working of solar cells, solar modules, solar panels and solar arrays.
Also discussed are the components of a photo-voltaic power system such as MPPT charge controllers , storage battery systems and solar converter circuits. For the benefit of the reader, solar Photovoltaic systems are discussed , along with examples of existing systems .
Numerical examples and exercises are not included since it is not designed based on any University curriculum nor meant to be an academic text.
If a few solar energy systems professionals and amateurs are benefited by this book , the Authors would be thankful that the purpose of this book has been served !
• This book introduces the reader to the theoretical concepts and practical aspects of solar cells
• Imparts a working knowledge of solar cells, solar modules, arrays and panels to engineers and technical students
• The principles of MPPT charge controllers , storage battery systems , solar converter circuits and solar Photovoltaic systems are discussed , along with examples of existing systems
• This book is easy to read and clear to understand
• Many drawings and photographs have been used to make it interesting to read and easier to grasp and apply