Be your child's best advocate!
Children with special needs who succeed in school have one thing in common--their parents are passionate and effective advocates. It's not an easy job, but with The Everything Parent's Guide to Special Education, you will learn how to evaluate, prepare, organize, and get quality services, no matter what your child's disability.
This valuable handbook gives you the tools you need to navigate the complex world of special education and services, with information on:
• Assessment and evaluation
• Educational needs for different disabilities, including multiple disabilities
• Current law, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
• Working within the school system to create an IEP
• The importance of keeping detailed records
• Dealing with parent-school conflict
With worksheets, forms, and sample documents and letters, you can be assured that you'll have all you need to help your child thrive--in school and in life!